Friday, December 5, 2014

Just an Idea

Weddings are fun, I guess, well at least to onlookers which I often am. I never thought it would be more fun when you are the bride. You get to choose your dress, the food, the ring, the venue and the list goes on. It's fun because you influence other people to get a taste of your fashion and of your personality. It's fun not until you realize that your resources are limited, that you work on a budget. But yes, for the most part it's fun.

So while checking everything that needs to be done, I realized that I forgot to insert gift ideas in the invitation. I was thinking of letting our guests know about the gifts that we would like to receive. We would really appreciate gifts but you are NOT OBLIGED to bring one, your PRESENCE is more than enough.

I had to argue with my mom, dad and my groom about the idea of Gift Registry. For the benefit of those whose not familiar with the term, Wikipedia defines it this way,

"A gift registry is a particular type of wish list. Typically, when a recipient compiles a list of items they wish to receive and then hands it out to family and friends, they have created a wish list. A registry, on the other hand, is made public, and is limited to the stock of a given retailer. The retailer will maintain the list for the registrant and make sure that items are removed from the list as they are purchased. Retailers will often not divulge who has purchased the registered items"

My argument is that gift registry and gift ideas are being practiced by most of the people I know that got married and it's really practical. However their arguments is something that I can't discount, gift registries and gift ideas is a practice of people in different culture but not in our culture. We don't want to offend people and we don't want you guys to feel obliged. Our guests vary in belief, there are yuppies, gen x, gen y, there are the conservatives, restrained and laid back, there are also the open minded and adventurous and the NOW people. (With NOW, I mean Facebook active individuals who I guess are open to the idea of gift registry which I will not pursue. I, sometimes, make my own definition of words, so pardon that.)

So what's the point of this long speech?

Simple. I'd like to give you gift ideas. These are the top 5 in our list:

1. Kitchen wares
2. Inspirational books for couples
3. Blankets / Comforter / Pillow
4. Cash :)
5. Appliances

You can also ask us personally or through SMS :) Guys the list is only and idea and you are NOT OBLIGED to bring any. 

-Elrikki 'Cay' Samosino, the Bride
(without the permission of my Groom and if he'd know he might frown)

No comments:

Post a Comment